Skin Care Routine for Elderly Women
Daily Skincare Routine for Women Over 40
Wash your face using a gentle, cleansing formula.
a. Dry to normal skin types should use a cream-based cleanser that contains exfoliating beads.
b. People with oily skin should use a clear cleansing gel with exfoliating beads.
c. Wet your face first. Dampen your washcloth and wring out excess water. Squirt a dime-sized amount of
cleanser onto your cloth. Gently rub the cleanser into your face, using smooth, circular motions. Start at the
forehead and work all the way down your neck. Avoid getting cleanser in your eyes. And do not scrub your
d. Rinse the cleanser from your face using warm water.
e. Pat–do not rub–your face dry with a clean towel.
After washing your face with cleanser apply toner to your face and neck. Apply using toner with small cotton
and rub upward.
Apply an age-fighting moisturizer to your face. This moisturizer should contain SPF to give skin some
protection from the sun.
a. Choose an oil-free and fragrance-free moisturizer if you have sensitive skin. Use a dime-sized amount on
your face. Avoid getting moisturizer in your eyes.
b. Apply moisturizer to your neck by squirting a dime-sized amount in your hand. Apply the moisturizer to your
neck and rub upward from your décolletage to your chin. Never rub downward, as this promotes wrinkling.
Apply a day cream to your face before putting on your makeup. Wait about 15 minutes before putting on your
makeup. This will allow your skin to absorb the day cream. The Day cream should contain a mild alpha-
hydroxy, which keeps skin taut and smooth.
In the evening, cleanse, tone and apply a night cream to your face after moisturizing. Your night cream should
contain peptides that restore and rejuvenate the skin.
Exfoliate your face once a week with a micro-dermabrasion treatment. Microdermabrasion kits usually come in
a. The exfoliant sloughs off dead skin to reveal the younger looking skin underneath.
b. Then you follow up with the replenishing liquid that’s included with your kit.
Apply a firming eye cream around your eyes in the evening before bed. Use your ring finger and apply eye
cream with soft taps all around your eyes.
Daily Skincare Regimen for Women Over 50
Four important steps for maintaining good skin are cleansing, toning, exfoliating and moisturizing.
1. Smoking prematurely ages skin, so stop.
2. Limit exposure to the sun. Blotchy complexions and age spots have been linked to overexposure to
the sun. Sun damage also causes wrinkles, so use sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher regularly.
3. Moisturizing lotion and soap effectively help to soothe dry skin.
4. Use cleansers rich in vitamin E and glycerin.
5. Exfoliate daily to get rid of dead, dry skin.
6. Use facial and body scrubs with exfoliating properties.
7. Over-the-counter creams containing Pentapeptides prompt skin cells to produce more collagen (skin
8. Almond, Olive oil and Castor oil are also good moisturizing agents. They can be used at night in place
of moisturizing creams.
9. Drink lots of water, and eat healthy to aid your body in skin repairs. Water hydrates the skin from the