Anti-Aging Skin care Routine for Women over 30.
As your skin ages, you may find that your complexion dulls and your skin loses elasticity. You may see fine lines as well as evidence of sun damage. If you haven’t started a daily skin care regimen by the time you are in your 30s, there is no better time to start.
Your skin has specific needs once you hit 30, and in order to make sure it keeps looking great into your 60s and 70s, you need to start using certain products now.
Skin for people over age of 40 has different needs than that of 20-year-olds, this is because it’s less elastic and subject to changing hormones, older skin needs nurturing in order to keep the skin looking even and smooth. Whether you have just turned 40 or are closer to 50, you can restore some youthful glow by changing your skin care routine.
As we age, the effects of smoking, diet and sun exposure become more evident on our skin. After 50, skin begins to lose elasticity and becomes drier. Good skin care slows down our aging process and retains firmness.
Your goals should be to repair and prevent further spotting, redness and dryness. Consistent, routine use of good products is vital to looking your best.
Daily Skincare Routine for women Over 30
- The most important change you need to make to your daily routine is using a sunblock or moisturizer with at least SPF 15 every day. The SPF will protect and prevent future damage. Even minimal sun exposure can lead to weathered-looking skin or age spots.
- Later in life. Your daily moisturizer should also contain antioxidants like vitamin C and vitamins A & E, which sometimes is listed as tocopherol. Other beneficial additives include selenium and green tea extracts. “Skin Guru,” drinking two to three cups of green tea daily can also help give you the antioxidants your body needs to fight off the effect of anti aging.
- Wash your face twice daily, once before you go to bed. Use a cleanser, toner and moisturizer. Toner helps to remove dirt and dead skin, and moisturizer helps to replenish moisture and nutrients your cleanser might have stripped away. Some moisturizers also contain anti-aging additives that can help restore elasticity and reduce the look of fines lines. But remember never to wear makeup to bed.
- Choose an anti-aging skin cleanser that is right for your skin type. If you have sensitive skin, opt for a fragrance-free cleanser. Those with dry skin should use a cleanser without alcohol.
- When choosing a cleanser, choose one that contains alpha hydroxy. This acid functions as an exfoliator, removing dead skin cells from the surface of your face. Alpha hydroxy may also prompt your body to produce more collagen and elastin which reduces the amount of wrinkles you will develop.
a. Read the active ingredient list on name-brand facial cleansers to determine whether they have
potential anti-aging or anti-wrinkle capabilities. Citric, malic, glycolic and lactic acids are all types of alpha hydroxy acids that can help reverse the signs of aging.
b. Buy an anti-aging cleanser that contains moisturizers as well as exfoliating agents. The right Moisturizer will help your skin it stay healthy looking as you age.
- Use a small amount of anti-aging cleanser on your face and neck, allowing the lather to remove dirt and oils. Rub it into your skin in small circular motions without scrubbing too roughly. Rinse the cleanser off your face with warm water. Your face should feel smooth. If you still feel residue from the cleanser, use a damp washcloth to remove it.
- After cleanser apply toner to your face and neck. Apply using small upward motion.
- Then apply moisturizer with SPF 15 during the day to your face and need as need. At night, use a night cream or moisturizer. Make sure that the night cream or serum you are using contains retinol, a form of vitamin A. You may find that you need extra moisture in winter and a lighter moisturizer in summer.
- Use an exfoliating scrub three to five times per week. This will buff away dead skin cells, smoothing away a dull complexion and giving your skin a youthful appearance.
I will like to hear from you, what skin care solutions are you using, what works best for you.
Leave a comment and I will reply to every comment.